Awards and Honors
Some of the recent recognition LITEE has received includes:
- iNEER Recognition Award by the International Network for Engineering Education and Research, 2006, recognizing the LITEE team for innovation and leadership in integrating real-world business and engineering issues into undergraduate curricula internationally.
- selection as a CASEE (Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education) Implementation Network Affiliate by the National Academy of Engineering, 2003.
- Curriculum Innovation Award from the American Society for Mechanical Engineers, 1999, for integrating theory, design, and practice into a Mechanical Engineering design course.
- Premier Award for Excellence in Engineering Education Courseware from NEEDS and John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1998, for presenting an engaging, real-life engineering case study requiring active participation and teamwork from engineering students.
- Thomas C. Evans Instructional Unit Award from the American Society for Engineering Education, 1997, for furthering the goals of engineering education.